Insurance Policy Holder vs. Insurance Company

Finding an insurance company and insurance plan for your vehicle can be challenging as there is a lot of options that you can chose.

Furthermore, when putting a claim, it can be even tougher.

To help with this there is a great article which will help you address this: 




What to do when your involved in a car collision

In this post, we are going to cover what you should do in case you have been involved in a collision with another vehicle. This is a stressful time, but try to remain calm.

Steps to take:

1) Stop – make sure that you stop if you have been involved in a car accident. You may be subject to criminal charges if you don’t stop at the scene of your accident.

2) Assess the situation – if anyone is injured within the accident or if the total damage of all the vehicles involved are more than $1000 dollars or if you suspect that a person involved in the collision is guilty of a criminal offense; such as driving under the influence, call 911 and follow the instructions that you are provided.

Injuries – Be careful to move injured people as this may aggravate injuries even more.

If nobody is injured and the damages are less than $1000, call the police for instructions. If the local police do not attend the scene, they may direct you to a Collision Reporting Center. For more information regarding Collision Reporting Centers’ , contact

3) Move your vehicle - Move your vehicle to the side of the road out of harms way and out of traffic. Turn on your hazards.

4) Exchange information - It’s important that you exchange with the other driver involved in the collision.

Note the following information down:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Telephone Number
  • Driver’s License Number
  • Insurance Policy Number
  • License Plate Number


If there are any witnesses to the accident, note down their names and contact information

Also note down specific information about the incident, such as location, time of date, where impact occur and sequence of events that led to the accident.

5) Report - report the accident to your insurance company.


We hope this helpful guide helps you!


York Regional Towing make up our  fleet of town trucks on the road, they are there to help you during an accident should your car require towing. For further information regarding towing and roadside assistance call: 1-888-212-7274 or 905-738-4422